Growing up my dad always told us 2 things.
- work hard and be nice
- if you want someone to like you, ask them to do you a favor
I haven’t really put a ton of thought into the second one but today, it kinda clicked. People like to feel helpful. People like to be appreciated.
How does this apply?
It can help with the ask!
- Can you do me a favor and tell me your 5 favorite pieces from our new spring collection? I want to add to my display.
- I recently started my own jewelry business, could you do me a favor and let me practice my pitch on you?
- I’m really trying to get the word out about my new adventure. Could you do me a favor and be my first hostess?
- Could you do me a favor and give 3 of your friends my business card?
- Could you do me a favor and take a selfie in your new pieces?
- Could you do me a favor and let me know what you think about this business partnership idea I have?
You get the gist. Asking people for a favor is humble. It shows that you care a lot about your business. It gives you a chance to thank them afterward. Ask someone for a favor today! And remember, we are all going to hear “no” sometimes but we can’t let that stop us from asking!!